Arkansas schools are in need!
According to a study down by the Arkansas Department of Health (1):
- 64% of school-aged children in Arkansas had evidence of current or past cavities
- 29% had untreated cavities
- 27% were in need of routine care
- 4% needed urgent dental care
- Only 21 counties out of 75 had a dental sealant program in the schools
How can STAR help?
- Increase access to oral health services providing real time on-the-spot care
- Increase the number of students treated for dental decay and sealants
What is Teledentistry?
Teledentistry uses interactive video software, equipment and oral scopes or cameras to provide dentists a remote clinical view of patients.
Learn how the Jasper School Based Health Center is using telendentistry to enhance the dental needs of students in the Jasper School District.
(1) Arkansas Department of Health. Arkansas oral health plan [Internet]. Little Rock (AR). 2015
[cited 2016 April 6]. Available from http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov